We can help with jaw pain and headaches.
Temporomandibular joint disorders (TMJ disorders, or TMD) are a family of problems that involve the complex jaw joint. If you have experienced pain or clicking noises in the jaw, you’ll be relieved to know that TMJ problems are usually easy to treat.
Our team of experts have experience dealing with different types of TMJ disorders, and we will work with you until we see results.
Trouble with your Jaw?
Are you suffering from pain, discomfort, or difficulty moving your jaw? Reasons for TMJ problems might include:
- Clenching or grinding the teeth
- Tightening the jaw muscles
- Damage from injury or disease
You may be placing stress on the jaw joints without even knowing it. You should treat TMD before symptoms worsen.
Symptoms of TMJ Disorder
Frequent headaches are one of the most common symptoms of TMJ disorder. If you’re wondering if your discomfort is due to jaw problems, ask yourself some of the following questions:
- Do you notice that you clench or grind your teeth?
- Do you wake up with sore or stiff jaw muscles?
- Do you have frequent headaches?
- Have you been experiencing recurring pain in the face, neck, shoulders, or back?
- Do you feel pain when you clench your teeth?
- Does your jaw click, pop, grate, or lock?
- Is it difficult or uncomfortable to chew?
Come see our experienced dentists for a proper evaluation. There’s no reason to live with jaw pain.
Treating TMJ Disorder
One of the treatments we commonly use is a custom-designed TMJ splint. This splint fits into the mouth just like a mouthguard, and should be worn as instructed by your dentist. Many patients only have to wear their splints at night to see major improvements during the day.
The Spring Dental professionals offer various treatment options to improve the harmony and function of your jaw. Many of our TMJ services are non-surgical and completely painless. To schedule a consultation, contact our office today!