Reap the beauty benefits of this simple treatment.
There are many ways to restore damaged teeth. Bonding is a solution that is:
Bonding involves using tooth-colored composite material to replace missing tooth structure or hide cosmetic defects in a tooth. Bonding can cover anything from chips to discoloration, and even fill small gaps in your smile.
We use top quality composite resin materials because they are optimal for strength and translucency. The resin actually bonds with your teeth and becomes a useful part of your smile.
Dental bonding does not require the involvement of a dental lab. In most cases, we can even redesign your smile without drilling the tooth.
What Happens During the Bonding Process?
Tooth bonding can usually be accomplished with just one visit to Spring Dental. In fact, the whole procedure will only take thirty minutes to an hour for one tooth.
- The surface of the tooth is cleaned so it is smooth and plaque-free.
- The surface is “etched” with a gel that opens up tiny pores to ensure long-lasting bonding.
- The etching gel is rinsed off, and the liquid composite resin is painted in a thin layer onto the pores.
- A special curing light is used to harden the resin that is matched to your smile.
- Once the first layer is cured, more layers are painted and cured until we have built the tooth up to a proper shape and thickness. When the process is complete, your dentist will finish the treatment by polishing your tooth.
Taking Care of Your Dental Bonding
You’re going to love your flawless new smile. It’s important to take good care of it so that it can last as long as possible. Some of the ways you can protect your dental bonding are:
- Brush and floss your teeth and bonding daily
- Receive professional cleanings and have your dentist check your bonding twice each year
- Avoid smoking
- Limit red wine, coffee, tea, and other staining foods and drinks
- Avoid biting the nails or using the teeth in other ways that place excessive force on the bonding
Contact Spring Dental Today!
We look forward to giving you the smile of your dreams with hassle-free procedures. To schedule your visit, contact Spring Dental today.