After you lose permanent teeth, you can rebuild your smile with a dental bridge.
Teeth fall out. Sometimes, they get knocked out. In reality, most people will lose at least one permanent tooth at some point in their lives.
If there is a gap in your smile, there are a few things to worry about. Gaps left unfilled can allow teeth to shift out of place. This can lead to an unbalanced bite, jaw pain, and a crooked smile.
Missing teeth can also lead to further tooth loss and jaw bone deterioration. In order to prevent dysfunction in the jaw, and maintain your healthy smile, it is important to replace missing teeth right away.
If missing teeth are affecting the aesthetic of your smile or your chewing ability, let’s fill the gap with a dental bridge. To find out if a dental bridge is a viable replacement option for you, schedule a consultation at Spring Dental today.
What are Dental Bridges?
Dental bridges are made up of a replacement tooth or teeth, stabilized by two anchor crowns. The anchor crowns are placed on the healthy teeth on either side of the gap. The replacement tooth or teeth fill the gap to give you back a beautiful and complete smile.
Dental bridges can also be held in place by dental implants, instead of traditional anchor crowns.
The Dental Bridge Procedure
- The anchor teeth are prepared, and an impression is taken. Our lab specialists will create a dental bridge that is perfectly customized to your smile.
- You will return to our office, and your dentist will numb the area we will be working on.
- The crowns are bonded to the anchor teeth, and the replacement teeth fill the missing tooth space.
Enjoy the Benefits of Dental Bridges
By replacing missing teeth, you:
- Improve the appearance of your smile
- Restore the functionality of your teeth
- Increase your overall health
If you are looking for the best way to replace your missing teeth, come see our Spring Dental experts for an evaluation. We look forward to helping you revitalize your smile. Call today!