It’s no small feat to encourage kids to brush their teeth. Let alone, two times a day! With Valentine’s Day quickly approaching, there’s no better time to make your kids fall in LOVE with brushing their teeth! Check out our tips and tricks below to make brushing fun for kids!
- Let your children become a part of the decision process. Take your children shopping and let them pick out a toothbrush and a flavor of toothpaste. Getting your kids involved and letting them make their own decisions can make brushing more fun and something to be excited about! Side note: Did you know you can buy a toothbrush that sings to kids for 2 minutes and congratulates them at the end for a job well done? You can buy it
Start a routine
- It’s important to get your kids in a consistent routine of brushing their teeth. Make sure kids are brushing their teeth twice a day for 2 minutes. Good leadership is also crucial, so make sure you’re setting a good example by brushing daily as well. Make it a family affair and it’ll be something the kids will look forward to doing together.
Reward good behavior
- It’s no secret that kids love being rewarded for good behavior! Check out this fun sticker chart here which can motivate your child to track their brushing habits! Once your child fills up the chart, reward them with a trip to the park or a small prize!
- There are numerous apps to help encourage kids to brush their teeth! Download the “Brusheez” App onto your phone and let the fun begin. Your child can pick a pal and you can set a timer for 2 minutes accompanied with music for an incentive to encourage brushing!
- One of the best things we can do as parents is to encourage our children! After your child is done brushing their teeth, it is important to show excitement and the feeling that they have accomplished something important. After all, promoting hygiene health at a young age is one of the best decisions you can make!
Spring Dental recommends bringing your children in for their first dental visit as soon as a tooth becomes visible, or at the 6-month mark. We hope that these tips and tricks work for your kids! Follow Spring Dental on Facebook for more fun ideas and activities to encourage your kids to maintain great oral health!